What's new

SVG2482AC - Guest Network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BostonDan

Regular Contributor
Hi All,

I'm hoping someone might have a suggestion here. I have a SVG2482AC router and a Comcast support representative was able to create a guest network on my router without me doing anything. A week after they did this, I had a DHCP issue that required resetting the router to factory defaults. When I reset the router, I lost the guest network.

I called Comcast again to ask them to create the guest network again and now Comcast representatives are telling me (1) that it is not possible for Comcast to create the guest network as Comcast doesn't have access to personal devices, and (2) that Arris controls the firmware for the device and they are the only ones that can provide this functionality.

I know the device is capable of supporting a guest network as it worked prior to the DHCP issue. Does anyone know if there is any way for me to create the guest network?

It is also my understanding that Comcast, not Arris controls provisioning firmware for all modems, including personal devices. Is my understanding correct?

In advance, thanks for the help.