What's new

System Log Question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Cliff McLoughlin

New Around Here
Hi

I am getting the following entries in my system logs on my RT AC68U with 678.53 and can't understand why.

May 12 21:10:48 pptp[5527]: connect: Connection refused
May 12 21:10:48 pptp[5527]: Could not open control connection to 192.168.1.21
May 12 21:10:48 pptp[807]: Call manager exited with error 1

The messages repeat every 20 seconds
I have 2 Raspberry Pi's connected one to this IP and the other to 192.168.1.22. However the message appears whether they are switched on or not.

At one point a few weeks ago I had the RPi setup as a VPN with port redirection to them but the PPTP software has been removed and the port redirect deleted.

Can anyone give me a pointer as to what is creating these error messages?

Thanks

In my Routing Log I found this:

Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface
192.168.1.21 * 255.255.255.255 UH 0 0 0 LAN

But I can't see how to delete it.

If it was set through the gui, it would be on the LAN-Route tab....
Otherwise, since you are running Merlin's fw (I assume you meant 378.53), did you set the route in one of the startup scripts in /jffs/scripts?

If it was set through the gui, it would be on the LAN-Route tab....
Otherwise, since you are running Merlin's fw (I assume you meant 378.53), did you set the route in one of the startup scripts in /jffs/scripts?

Thanks for the help. I haven't done any scripts and couldn't find the route on the LAN Route tab.

In the end I factory defaulted the router and set it up again and all seems good - no route to be seen!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!