What's new

<testers needed> [TUTORIAL] Minidlna through debian-entware-mipsel

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

How this works for you

• Working fine on my router

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • Not working on my router

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Not yet installed

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters
I just tried to update from 1.2 to 1.3 and wasn't able to do it :/
Code:
root@N66U:/# dpkg -r minidlna
(Reading database ... 15897 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing minidlna ...
dpkg: warning: while removing minidlna, directory '/usr/local/share' not empty so not removed.
dpkg: warning: while removing minidlna, directory '/usr/local' not empty so not removed.
root@N66U:/# rm -r /opt/minidlna
root@N66U:/# cd /var/tmp
root@N66U:/var/tmp# wget http://goo.gl/dkSJdl
Connecting to goo.gl (176.221.96.29:80)
Connecting to dl.dropboxusercontent.com (50.16.219.169:80)
wget: not an http or ftp url: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47669650/debian/minidlna_1.1.3-2_mipsel.deb
root@N66U:/var/tmp# dpkg -i minidlna_1.1.3-2_mipsel.deb
dpkg: error processing minidlna_1.1.3-2_mipsel.deb (--install):
 cannot access archive: No such file or directory
Errors were encountered while processing:
 minidlna_1.1.3-2_mipsel.deb

I updated links, try again http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showpost.php?p=109613&postcount=29

I already managed to update using information on first post :).

Hello TeHashX,

Could you create some short step by step wiki for compilling minidlna server deb module for Debian from source on sourceforge.net?

I try to compile this but finally i couldn't find ready to install binary ( deb or Linux install package ) file in directory.

1. In source dicrectory run autogen.sh file
2. Than enter this when run configuration script ./configure --prefix=/opt --host=mipsel-linux

3. Than run make

Thank You.

Hello TeHashX,

Could you create some short step by step wiki for compilling minidlna server deb module for Debian from source on sourceforge.net?

I try to compile this but finally i couldn't find ready to install binary ( deb or Linux install package ) file in directory.

1. In source dicrectory run autogen.sh file
2. Than enter this when run configuration script ./configure --prefix=/opt --host=mipsel-linux

3. Than run make

Thank You.
I'm on holliday right now, I use checkinstall to build the package

how to add an extra Media folder level

The description mentions that in this build you can "add an extra folder level if there are multiple media locations"

I've been trying to do this for about two hours with no success. What is the easiest way?

Updating/Rescan

Hi there. You've given great answers to all these posters on here. I've never really used stuff like this before but your media server has been working great on my network. I have a couple more questions though:
Updating/Rescan
WHen I remove files or modify them they remain in the server. How can I make it update or rescan? Is there a permanent solution? I have double entries of most of my movies not from extracting and moving them etc. (Write wasn't enabled for my windows client when I was making some of these changes but I enabled it now)

THUMBNAILS
for anyone who wanted to put DVD cover art instead of the screenshots just create seperate folders for each vieo and put the cover art in the folder with filename cover.jpg

How do you create a thumbnail for a folder or have one thumbnail apply to all the episodes in a season of a TV series?

ANy help would be really appreciated. I should mention that I still havent figured out how to edit the minidlna.conf (not that I would know what to do)

Please be aware that I have little knowledge of telnet and anything command line. Thanks a lot!

I should also mention that new files are always seen right away but when files are moved and deleted they continue to show up in the server

Last edited:
Not big miniDLNA update, v1.1.4:

Code:
1.1.4 - Released 26-Aug-2014
--------------------------------
- Add magic container infrastructure.
- Add magic containers for 50 recent items for each category.
- Fix bad null termination in AAC parsing.
- Fix requests for the last byte of a file, which affected MKV playback on Philips TV's.
- Support 64-bit time_t values.

Can you guys fast forward and rewind with your tv remote? I have a LG 32LS570S and it says that I can't fast forward and rewind, just "jump" a few minutes back/forward. :confused:
I wonder if this depends on the server, on the tv, on the video format. :confused:

Hi TeHashX,

I try to use checkinstall compilation and i get deb package, but before install or try it i have some question, When i setup checkinstall settings before compilling i choice Arhitecture , could you tell me I have to enter mipsel or mipsel-linux ?

I use checkinstall on the fly, I just input some options only if I'm asked by checkinstall.

Good day TeHashX,

i have small issue with my TV or miniDLNA work ( i don't know )

For example i connected Flash Drive with some video files, and when i look at file list on TV i see icons with generated video art
If i list files from miniDLNA i see standart video icons ( set by default ) not automaticaly generated from my video file when miniDLNA scans files.

I look into opt/minidlna/art_cache and see all of my video art here.

My TV Model Samsung F6400 as you know from my past post in this topic.

Good day TeHashX,

i have small issue with my TV or miniDLNA work ( i don't know )

For example i connected Flash Drive with some video files, and when i look at file list on TV i see icons with generated video art
If i list files from miniDLNA i see standart video icons ( set by default ) not automaticaly generated from my video file when miniDLNA scans files.

I look into opt/minidlna/art_cache and see all of my video art here.

My TV Model Samsung F6400 as you know from my past post in this topic.
Rebuild db

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!