What's new

Thanks for the forum software update

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the feedback, folks. I'll be taking another pass at tweaks this coming weekend, perhaps with a new template.
@Killhippie please post a screenshot of the "unpleasant ad links".
Took a quick snap with my iPad. These are the links that uBlock Origin didn’t like in red. I have to say I do like the changes though so far, so much better than it was before.

7A1074A4-1779-4CEF-91A9-6EB4E22F8BCD.jpeg

There is something strange going on with links to other posts, or I'm not understanding how it works.

If I enter this link to a RMerlin post (copied from that post), "http://www.snbforums.com/threads/fork-asuswrt-merlin-374-43-lts-releases-v44ea.18914/post-603371" it shows,

a) A different post. One from the previous page posted by me.

b) The avatar shown is neither mine or RMerlin's. I'm not sure whether it's showing Tim's avatar by mistake or if it's a generic avatar for the site as a whole.

Untitled.png

There is something strange going on with links to other posts, or I'm not understanding how it works.

If I enter this link to a RMerlin post (copied from that post), "http://www.snbforums.com/threads/fork-asuswrt-merlin-374-43-lts-releases-v44ea.18914/post-603371" it shows,

a) A different post. One from the previous page posted by me.

b) The avatar shown is neither mine or RMerlin's. I'm not sure whether it's showing Tim's avatar by mistake or if it's a generic avatar for the site as a whole.

View attachment 24767

That link yields this post here:
Annotation 2020-07-20 073321.JPEG

Seems ok to me. Maybe you should purge your browser(?).

(Notice the improved font weights.)

OE

Last edited:
That link yields this post here:

Seems ok to me. Maybe you should purge your browser(?).
The link itself is working fine. It's just that the preview of that link embedded in my post is wrong. Do you see something different? I've tried with different browsers and in incognito mode.

Untitled.png

I'm still feeling my way around it and as an old calabrian (know for our stogy old ways ) I hate change but I like this new look thanks for your hard work PS I am not getting the daily feeds anymore. What's up with that?? I have checked and it still says that I am registered for daily feeds but I'm not getting any. I have tried to re-register so I will see what happens tonight , also the contact us tab won't work for me either. If I was paroniod I could read something into those two bug's

Last edited:
The link itself is working fine. It's just that the preview of that link embedded in my post is wrong. Do you see something different? I've tried with different browsers and in incognito mode.

View attachment 24769

Oh, the preview is wrong... let's try that here:

Yep, I get the same thing you get... the link displays a different post.

OE

I thought I was going to miss Tapatalk but that’s not the case. Navigating this new layout is a joy :)

Aside from being what you are accustomed to, are there any advantages to using Tapatalk vs. the new format?
With Tapatalk, you get notifications on your mobile device of replies to your comments...almost like a discussion in real time and person can take place.

I agree, the new font weight is much better regarding read/unread status.

I wasn't sure if this should go in here, or start a new thread? Since the update, the RSS feed has been including every new message - before it just included new threads. Is it possible to go back to new threads only, or is there a way of getting either? Need to do something because it's taking ages to wade through it now, previously it was a matter of seconds... Hope something can be done! Thanks :)

It's fine to post all the issues in this thread.
Truthfully, I didn't think anyone used the rss feeds anymore. :)
I'll see what I can do

Curious on the BB codes it is possible to use now. I visited the help page that lists all the BB codes, and there are now fewer. Missing: from the list are the code and spoiler/hide bb codes.

Yet clearly code works
Code:
 See?
and I think spoiler works
See?
which I would prefer to see show some text instead of spoiler
This doesn't work, because the "Spoiler" is still there

Also, list works.

Last edited:
Use the "Insert" button for...

Spoiler:
blah

Inline spoiler: inline spoiler

Code:
Code:
code is here

Inline code: inline code

EDIT: I wasn't aware there was ever was an option not to show the spoiler/code title. :D

Last edited:
afraid it doesn't seem any different - the RSS feed is still including new posts on old threads, rather than just the new threads.
Sorry, I misinterpreted your request. I have no solution for you right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.