What's new

the best settings for 1Gbit

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

stevocz

Occasional Visitor
What is the best setting for 1Gbit? now i have on speedtest.net 800 download and 900 upload but only over LAN. i have disabled QOS and other things.

But on wifi only max about 350Mbit. in notebook i have Intel 7260ac. When i look into Windows for connection, speed is often lower than 866Mbit. (distance router - notebook is only 2-3 meters).

Last edited:
That is very very good and you won't be easily able to exceed 350mbps.
Tricks that may help:
- beamforming on - both implicit and explicit
- latest Intel drivers (you can try second to last, sometimes Intel mess up the things)
- disable power management in adapter settings in Windows - that if you don't care about battery life. It will stabilize connected speed but is heavily impacting battery life and should be used for tests only!

At least on 68U and 87U in optimal conditions and with beamforming on you can get wireless transfer close to 600mbps with an 7260AC adapter. Stable around 550mbps.

I would say 350 for 56U is a very good figure and you should be happy with it.

PS: Windows! Intel build much much better drivers for Windows than for Linux! My Ubuntu can't exceed 330mbps no matter what! The same laptop, with the same router settings but with Windows gets a stable 550.

Typical wifi throughput is never above more or less half of the wifi link rate, due to the overhead associated with encryption, wireless technologies, and so on.

350 Mbps is the norm for a 866 Mbps 802.11ac connection.

on G i have 30 from 54, on N 175 from 300. both is over half. but only AC is less than half. i hoped about half or little more (about 450)

Drabisan> how is possible more speed on 68U when 7260AC have only 2 antennas? i'm bought 56U because i haven't 3 antennas in my notebook.

and for LAN i better something set for better speed and smaller load router? I have disabled QOS, AiProtection and STP, but enabled VPN and IPV6

Who needs QOS for 1G connection lol [emoji12] . Unless you have many clients using that connection 24/7 . Try measuring with a wired connection and if you get something weird try merlins 53 and play with hw acceleration.

i have merlin's last firmware.
speed on LAN is good but about 3 times router crash when i download something with max speed. (router is running but i can't connect to him and to internet and other PC on this router)

i have merlin's last firmware.
speed on LAN is good but about 3 times router crash when i download something with max speed. (router is running but i can't connect to him and to internet and other PC on this router)

same to me.
use official firwmare, 5134 works good for me.