What's new

Thread prefixes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thiggins

Mr. Easy
Staff member
You may have noticed new little colored boxes in some thread titles.
prefix.jpg

These are called "Prefixes". They are used to tag threads and can be used as filters when you are looking at threads in a forum view.
So they can be handy.

Only admins can create these, but anyone can use them via a dropdown in the Create Thread popup. So far, I've created "Solved", "Release", "News" and "Tutorial".
If you're the thread starter, you should be able to edit the thread and change the title to include a prefix, if applicable. If your thread is already prefixed with the bracketed version of the prefix, i.e. [Solved], please remove it when you add a prefix.

I don't want to create a ton of prefixes. But I'm considering creating a category or categories for the add-on modules some of you have created for Asuswrt-Merlin. Maybe also for alternate firmware loads other than Merlin's.

Suggestions / requests are welcome. But don't get your shorts in a knot if I decline your request. :)

I'm very proud to be made an example of. :D

You may have noticed new little colored boxes in some thread titles.
View attachment 26730
These are called "Prefixes". They are used to tag threads and can be used as filters when you are looking at threads in a forum view.
So they can be handy.

Only admins can create these, but anyone can use them via a dropdown in the Create Thread popup. So far, I've created "Solved", "Release", "News" and "Tutorial".
If you're the thread starter, you should be able to edit the thread and change the title to include a prefix, if applicable. If your thread is already prefixed with the bracketed version of the prefix, i.e. [Solved], please remove it when you add a prefix.

I don't want to create a ton of prefixes. But I'm considering creating a category or categories for the add-on modules some of you have created for Asuswrt-Merlin. Maybe also for alternate firmware loads other than Merlin's.

Suggestions / requests are welcome. But don't get your shorts in a knot if I decline your request. :)

What does Release mean?

And how about a Rant prefix! :)

OE

What does Release mean?

Software releases. Like new firmwares (either from me or Asus). It will replace the old [Release] topic header some of us used to put in our thread titles.