What's new

Time out issue RT-N66U ??

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ChrisR

Regular Contributor
When watch movies on my TV via wireless (5G) from my NAS Synology 213, it suddenly stops and I have to start movie from beginning.
When I at the same time, start up my laptop, also connected to RT-N66U with 5G (I do not connect to my NAS), I can watch movies without problems from start to end.

If I watch movies from another TV, which is wired connected with RT-N66U and NAS, also no problem.

I use following:
* Samsung TV with Linksys USB stick
* RT-N66U with Merlin's 34-2 sdk5

Any idea what is causing this?

Hi,
You mean WiFi connection to TV is lost? Or is the connection hung up? Tried different channel? Same problem on both 2.4 and 5 GHz bands?

Also would be helpful to know what platform you're using...PLEX? Synology Video Station? XBMC?

Oh, and hi Tony, I'm also in Calgary (glad to see other Cdn's here, lol)

I'm using Samsung's DLNA and Plex client.

In Plex, receive a network error message, around 5 minutes after I shutdown my laptop. With laptop on, I watched same movie for 30 minutes without a problem.

I'm only using 5G with my Samsung TV. No other 5G connections exist, so no need to change channel, I assume. Have auto channel for 5G. No issues with 5G using my laptop.

Appreciate your help!

Hi,
You can still set channel from router. USB WiFi adapter on the TV is my suspect.
Merlin, our big guy is from TO I believe. I am in Lk McKenzie area in SE.

Hi,
You can still set channel from router. USB WiFi adapter on the TV is my suspect.
Merlin, our big guy is from TO I believe. I am in Lk McKenzie area in SE.

Agree I would try a high fixed channel.

And I believe rmerlin is Montreal iirc. Auburn Bay for me :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys, I solved the problem by upgrading my asus firmware to Merlin's sdk6 version for rt-n66u.
It does not disconnect anymore.

Thanks Merlin!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Tapatalk