What's new

TM-AC1900 upgraded to RT-AC68U unable to upgrade past 384.15

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffreywhunter

New Around Here
I have TM-AC1900 upgraded to RT-AC68U 384.15 working no issues. Purchased ET82PK and have setup AIMesh, working great. Trying to add 68U/Merlin to the network.

68U connected to ET8 main router (ET8 Enet to 68U Wan), I can see all 3 routers with ASUS discovery app. Can access ET8 and 68U admin interfaces. Both interfaces see all the devices in the network. I can administer the 68U with no issues. Configured 68U as AP.

68U with 384.15 unable to add to AIMesh. +Add AIMesh Node from ET8 does not find the 68U - but both devices see each other and ET8 DCHP has provide IP address.

Have tried to upgrade the 68U to latest version of merlin (386.11) but after upgrade, I'm still at 384.15. Confused.

I'm certainly missing something, but can't see it for the forest around me... ;)

Appreciate sage wisdom.

I have TM-AC1900 upgraded to RT-AC68U 384.15 working no issues.
:
Have tried to upgrade the 68U to latest version of merlin (386.11) but after upgrade, I'm still at 384.15. Confused.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-read-me-first-before-posting-a-question.47153/
Q: Why can't I update my (modded) TM-AC1900 firmware?
A: Because you are running Asuswrt-Merlin on an UNSUPPORTED model, and Asus recently changed the firmware validation process to prevent such a thing. You will have to revert back to the original TM-AC1900. Beyond that, you're on your own.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/snbforums-policy-on-asus-tm-ac1900-conversion-discussion.46018/
Further discussion of methods to get around ASUS' lockdown of TM-AC1900 firmware to prevent conversion to RT-AC68U will not be allowed. The main discussion thread has been deleted. Conversations related to defeating the lockdown have been deleted. New threads or Conversations opened on the topic will be deleted.

Time for a current, RMerlin supported router.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!