What's new

TP-LINK TL R860 download speed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pilotguy972

New Around Here
TWC has upgraded my download speed to 100Mbps. I am using TP-LINK R860 8 ports wired router for my home network. However, I am not able to get anywhere close to 100 Mbps. I am getting anywhere between 40 Mbps to 50 Mbps. Is there a limitation for WAN to LAN throughput for this router? I wonder if this is a hardware limitation or there may be some configuration can be modified.

Thanks in advance....

taking a closer look it looks like an older router and i dont see any mention of its specs so it might not be able to support your internet speed fully. Its too bad that many consumer brands stopped making reliable wired only routers. To know the forwarding capacity you need add your upload and download speed together. SMB has a router chart of various routers for their WAN speeds and if you're looking for another 8port router take a look at ubiquiti and mikrotik as well.

Alternatively you could use a router and a switch(or use your current router as a switch instead with a new router).