What's new

traffic analyzer statistics and torrent performance

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sitedispatch

New Around Here
Hello , I see the traffic analyzer a very interesting option, shows me that computer or application that generates traffic on my network.
The problem is that when I enable the Traffic analyzer -> Traffic Analyzer option - Statistic , the download performance with torrent decreases significantly.
I have a 300 mbps connection that yields about 35 MB/s downloading torrent files with many sources, but when statistics are enabled , performance barely reaches 10MB/s
I am using a ac56ru rotuer with Firmware: 380.57
There is an option to activate the analyzer and still have a normal performance?
Regards

You are running into the limitations of your hardware. When you enable certain features, hardware acceleration is turned off (because it is not compatible) and your performance goes down.

You can try limiting the torrenting to using fewer connections, you can try overclocking your router (not recommended) you can try the 3850.58 alpha firmware for your router to see if there is any performance benefits or you can buy a more powerful router (RT-AC3100, RT-AC88U or RT-AC5300) with more ram and a higher GHz processor.

Other than that, I think you can offload the torrenting to an always on computer rather than the router.

Thank you very much for your response.
To clarify, I am not using the router for torrent downloads. These measurements are from a PC that is effectively on 24/7.
Regards

I have exact same here. 200Mbps connection and with traffic analyser enabled torrents cap out at 10MB/s. Torrent on pc not router. AC68U.

Thanks Bawbaq, definetively it seems that it isn't a hardware limitation, AC68U runs at more speed than ac56u and the performance with the torrents is the same.