What's new

Traffic Analyzer

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Csection

I thought I read somewhere that TA turns off nat acceleration.
I had it disabled but when I enabled it my speed test went way up from 49mhz to 70mhz.
Can someone tell me if it's true about TA turning off nat acceleration?

Traffic Analyzer does not disable CTF.

Traffic Analyzer does not disable CTF.
Thanks much for the reply!
I wonder why speed test seemed to increase after enabling TA. Must have been a fluke.
I even have it capped at 65mb's in "Bandwidth-Limited", so I'm at a loss here.

Last edited:
On my 68U which has both FA (Flow acceleration) and CTF (Cut through forwarding) NAT acceleration when I enable Traffic Analyzer it will disable FA but not CTF. Perhaps that is what read somewhere.

On my 68U which has both FA (Flow acceleration) and CTF (Cut through forwarding) NAT acceleration when I enable Traffic Analyzer it will disable FA but not CTF. Perhaps that is what read somewhere.
Thanks for that!
Maybe that is it.
Is there a way to turn FA on and off to check this?

I'm sure there are other methods but the two that I know of that will turn FA off are turning on the Traffic Analyzer or turning on AiProtection. I currently have AiProtection turned on for the sole reason of turning off FA so that the Traffic Monitor (not to be confused with Traffic Analzyer) will correctly measure and log my bandwidth usage. With FA enabled the usage is not correctly measured. I just turned off AiProtection and rebooted and now FA is enabled. If you have both the those features off and still no FA then there may be some other option that is forcing it off. To troubleshoot I would do a factory reset and then after the reset you need to reboot and then FA should be enabled. From there configure your router one item at a time and check to see if FA remains enabled.

TLDR; I am able to hit 940 Mbps on speedtests with only CTF enabled so I am not concerned with enabling FA. My router setup is very minimal though. Your mileage may vary especially if using other features on the router.

I'm sure there are other methods but the two that I know of that will turn FA off are turning on the Traffic Analyzer or turning on AiProtection. I currently have AiProtection turned on for the sole reason of turning off FA so that the Traffic Monitor (not to be confused with Traffic Analzyer) will correctly measure and log my bandwidth usage. With FA enabled the usage is not correctly measured. I just turned off AiProtection and rebooted and now FA is enabled. If you have both the those features off and still no FA then there may be some other option that is forcing it off. To troubleshoot I would do a factory reset and then after the reset you need to reboot and then FA should be enabled. From there configure your router one item at a time and check to see if FA remains enabled.

TLDR; I am able to hit 940 Mbps on speedtests with only CTF enabled so I am not concerned with enabling FA. My router setup is very minimal though. Your mileage may vary especially if using other features on the router.
Thank you for the input. It helps to understand TA and CTF a little more.