What's new

Unable To Access Asus Admin Page

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Paul Ryan

Regular Contributor
hi, I'm unable to acc my "ASUS AC3200" admin page on any connected device, I can access the Asus Router app on my phone and change settings but I can't access the website, all internet access works great on all devices

hi, I'm unable to acc my "ASUS AC3200" admin page on any connected device, I can access the Asus Router app on my phone and change settings but I can't access the website, all internet access works great on all devices

Can you ping the router? Tried different browser? Have you changed router address?

How are you trying to access it? The 'asus router' url, or the actual IP address on your network?

I'm trying to access it on 192.168.1.1 which is what I've always accessed it on, I've rebooted and it didn't help and I've tried different browsers and devices, how would I ping it?

On a computer that has internet access and gets a DHCP address from the router, can you check the default gateway? Is it still 192.168.1.1?

Have you tried different browsers? Can you use a different computer to try with? Did you clear the browsers cache?

Do you have any USB devices attached to the router?

Does powering down your entire network for a few minutes (minimum 10 minutes) and physically unplugging everything from the AC power plugs help?

Are you logging off from the router from your phone?

Have you turned on HTTPS access? Have you restricted which MAC address(es) can connect?

On a computer that has internet access and gets a DHCP address from the router, can you check the default gateway? Is it still 192.168.1.1?

yes tried from a computer with internet access and yes it's still the default gateway

Have you tried different browsers? Can you use a different computer to try with? Did you clear the browsers cache?

yes to both

Do you have any USB devices attached to the router?

no

Does powering down your entire network for a few minutes (minimum 10 minutes) and physically unplugging everything from the AC power plugs help?

no it doesn't

Are you logging off from the router from your phone?

you can't logoff from the app

Have you turned on HTTPS access? Have you restricted which MAC address(es) can connect?[

no to Both/QUOTE]

Have you recently flashed a new firmware?

Have you (ever) reset the router to factory defaults and performed a minimal and manual configuration afterwards?

Have you recently flashed a new firmware?

not recently

Have you (ever) reset the router to factory defaults and performed a minimal and manual configuration afterwards?

yes about 2 times after updating to Merlin and when I restored back manufacturers FW, what is a minimal and manual configuration

Are you using two routers? One from modem and ASUS one. Do you configure the router after hard reset or using the router with default factory settings?

I've got my Virgin Media Superhub 2 (modem Mode) connected to the Asus, Ilet the router run automatic config

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!