What's new

Unhappy with the RT-AC87U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yes, I admire Asus for how hard they have worked on this, I really do. I am sure in their private moments they must be every bit as frustrated with the Quantenna situation and what it has cost them!

But hopefully they will appreciate the many, many hours the community have also sunk into trying to get this solution working and, if by the time the ac88 comes out, the Quantenna hardware still cannot do what was promised to us and to Asus, I'd suggest it's time to help everyone move on! It may even save them money.

Correct me if i am wrong but the new AC88U does NOT use the Quantenna chip set i believe they went back to Broadcom chips. And this should not be surprising. I just hope they dont forget about you 87U owners. I will patiently wait and see how it unfolds and enjoy my AC-68R that works perfectly for me using John's fork. ;)

battery drain, problems with idevices etc. all this bug is longer than year and still not resolved.
ok, for a constructive discussion I suggest getting all those points together that seem to be important for people and that are basically flaws which the, say, 88u supposedly won't have.

so far we have:
- battery drain
- problems with iDevices
- etc.

can somebody extend the .etc category (as mentioned, with pressing issues, that are definitely 87u-only problems and that need urgent fixing / qualify for RMA'ing the device)?

Maybe we're lucky and those can get resolved completely.

Updated to 9177 last night, came home to my wife at lunch, her 2 week old iPhone 6S just came off the charger 2 hours prior (charged all night) and was down to 27%. I picked the phone up off the arm of the couch and it was burning hot. I had her switch off 5Ghz and everything is fine.

Asus trying to burn my house down and kill my kid??
Does she use Facebook? Facebook have confirmed that their app is draining batteries on iOS devices.
http://i.stuff.co.nz/technology/dig...one-battery-drain-issues-releases-partial-fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!