What's new

Unknown entry in RT-AC68U System Log?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Run5k

Occasional Visitor
I have been utilizing Merlin's 378.51 firmware on my RT-AC68U for several months, and everything has been working perfectly. As always, I am grateful to Merlin for all of the time and effort that he dedicates towards this project!

About eight days ago, the following entry (with the date/time changing accordingly) started appearing within the general system log several times each day:

Aug 29 13:31:14 kernel: br0: received packet on eth2 with own address as source address

I tried doing some online research regarding this message, but couldn't find anything definitive. Has anyone else within the community encountered this message and determined the root cause?

Thanks in advance.

About eight days ago, the following entry (with the date/time changing accordingly) started appearing within the general system log several times each day:

Aug 29 13:31:14 kernel: br0: received packet on eth2 with own address as source address

I tried doing some online research regarding this message, but couldn't find anything definitive. Has anyone else within the community encountered this message and determined the root cause?
Hi,

A small search in the forum shows that this message is very well known... :eek:
Have fun reading the many entries, which explain to you in detail that you can ignore the message!

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

joegreat,

Being curious, I clicked on that link to see what the answer was.

The only relevant posts pointed back here and to similar ones you've made in the past.

The 'search' function is useless, indeed.

Care to point to any specific post which explains it fully?

I certainly appreciate any advice... even "mentoring" regarding how to utilize the forum search function. But as I said, I had already looked and couldn't find anything definitive.

Just ignore it. The two most common causes of this are:

1) A bug in older firmwares (378.51 is probably amongst those affected)
2) A computer that's connected to both Ethernet and the 5 GHz radio at the same time, or was recently moved from between Ethernet and wifi

Just ignore it. The two most common causes of this are:

1) A bug in older firmwares (378.51 is probably amongst those affected)
2) A computer that's connected to both Ethernet and the 5 GHz radio at the same time, or was recently moved from between Ethernet and wifi

Thanks for the advice Merlin, I truly appreciate it!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!