What's new

URL addresses management

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ok. I did the /jffs/scripts/services-start and it says "Done." then I looked in System log as soon as 10am just showed up:

Mar 3 09:59:35 watchdog: New firmware version 388.6_2 is available.
Mar 3 10:00:00 rc_service: service 3666:notify_rc restart_firewall

firewall restarted.

I tested it again, this time at 11am instead of 10am and it still removes the two URLs same as before.

Last edited:
Can you post the output of these commands:
Code:
date
cru l
cat /jffs/scripts/url_filter.sh
cat /jffs/scripts/services-start

1709490487784.png
1709490527316.png

The cru parameter is the lower case letter L not the number one.

Please also post the contents of /jffs/scripts/services-start

Last edited:
Thanks. That all looks fine so I'm at a bit of a loss. Can you post the output of this:
Code:
date +'%H'
nvram get url_rulelist

Thanks. So that looks like it's working - unless I've completely misunderstood what you've been saying.

The current time is before 11:00 so the URL Filter list is the one that also restricts youtube and roblox.

@Blackstar I've updated the services-start script in post #13 with the following two lines. Hopefully that with fix the problem of the rules not being set correctly at boot up.

Code:
# allow time for ntp to sync then set initial filter rules
sleep 60

@Blackstar I've updated the services-start script in post #13 with the following two lines. Hopefully that with fix the problem of the rules not being set correctly at boot up.

Code:
# allow time for ntp to sync then set initial filter rules
sleep 60
Funny, I just added 30 secs sleep command and seems to be working when I saw your post. Two URLs stayed in the list this time. I should increase it to 60 secs to be safe. I timed my router's boot time to 55 secs. Thanks for all of your help!