What's new

USB 3.0 drive connected to RT-AC1900p speed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mogulman

Regular Contributor
Hooked up a Seagate 4TB portable USB 3.0 drive (I think 5900 rpm) to my RT-AC1900p. Mapped a drive from my laptop and ran Crystal Diskmark. Are these speeds what I should expect? I know it is slower than a NAS, but just wondering if anyone else has run any speed tests.

Both laptop is connected directly to the router, wired. (Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, Gigabit ethernet).

Stock firmware...latest version

Attachments

• crystal.jpg
    crystal.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 615
Last edited:
I know it is slower than a NAS, but just wondering if anyone else has run any speed tests.
Was already discussed very often in this forum - a small search would give you instant answers... :rolleyes:

The latest thread about this topic is this one.

Was already discussed very often in this forum - a small search would give you instant answers... :rolleyes:

The latest thread about this topic is this one.

I haven't seen a lot of posts about this specific router RT-AC1900p actually and I did search in the Asus AC router forum. I wasn't looking for general advice. I was looking specifically for feedback from other people with the same exact router. Didn't think to look in the wireless buying advice forum.

Thanks for the info though. That helps.

Last edited:
BTW..I ran Acronis True image 2016 disk images from 3 different PCs to this drive yesterday. Seemed to work well. Tried 1 PC by itself and 2 PCs concurrently. Didn't have any hiccups. It took about an hour to image a 240GB SSD (184GB full) to the USB drive. Acronis compressed the image to about 80GB.

Writing data to my WD MyBook 2TB gives me +30MB/s and reading speed is around 40-60MB/s.
There are many people that still access their NAS over a 100Mb/s network, they never will reach these speeds ;)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!