What's new

Verify client wireless mode connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

doubleroll

Regular Contributor
Any way to quickly check or verify client wireless mode connection on the RT-AC66R. A.B,G,N,AC? Thx...

Any way to quickly check or verify client wireless mode connection on the RT-AC66R. A.B,G,N,AC? Thx...

By the speed. A is up to 54 Mbps on the 5 GHz band, B is up to 54 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band. N is up to 450, and AC is up to 1300.

By the speed. A is up to 54 Mbps on the 5 GHz band, B is up to 54 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band. N is up to 450, and AC is up to 1300.

My laptop which is 3 years old and uses an Intel Centrino N-1000 (2.4 only) can connect @ 300 Mb/s.

However, My Nexus 5 and HTC One M8 cannot connect at higher than 72 Mb/s on the 2.4 GHz. band. They can connect at 450 Mb/s on the 5 GHz. band though.

My laptop which is 3 years old and uses an Intel Centrino N-1000 (2.4 only) can connect @ 300 Mb/s.

However, My Nexus 5 and HTC One M8 cannot connect at higher than 72 Mb/s on the 2.4 GHz. band. They can connect at 450 Mb/s on the 5 GHz. band though.
That was just a general rule of the thumb, for actual computers. Mobile devices tend to be more limited.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Are you sure B can do 54 or did you mean G on 2.4 Ghz ?

Correct, that'd be G. B is up to 11 Mbps.
Ancient B... I still remember the miracle of my first Netgear 802.11b USB dongle in my (guess Windows 2000) laptop, must been 2003. Finally the laptop as it should be: wireless.
Only the batteries in the laptop didn't survive longer then 45 mins or so that time ;-)
Next was the much better PMCIA 802.11g network adapter and the WRT54G series routers.
The WRT54GL is still sold...that must be like the Volkwagen Beetle: you must prefer robustness in its simplicity above luxery.