Very Slow Web Interface

Discussion in 'ASUS N Routers & Adapters' started by ariesjunk, Jan 26, 2013.

1. ariesjunk

ariesjunk New Around Here

The web interface of my router is very slow recently. I am using Chrome and Internet Explorer in Windows 8. I have already upgraded the firmware to the latest version from Merlin. Appreciate if anyone can give me some advices to fix it. Thanks.

2. Log in / Register to remove this ad

3. TonyH

TonyH Very Senior Member

Hi,
    Cleared browser cache?

4. ariesjunk

The problem seems to happen with wired connection. The web interface is loading much faster with wireless connection. I am scratching my head now.

5. Zulu0001

Zulu0001 New Around Here

Same thing is happening to me. Very strange

6. Correlor

Correlor New Around Here

Hello,

Check your virus scanner, mine (Avast 8 Beta under Win 7 and also Avast 7 under Win 8) did not like websites from local adresses anymore. Slow load and incomplete pages.

7. RMerlin

RMerlin Part of the Furniture

If the issue is only with a wired connection, I would check these things:

1) Make sure the cable is Cat 5e or Cat6
    2) Maybe try to replace the cable in case it's defective
    3) Make sure you don't have a packet size mismatch (i.e. don't enable Jumbo Frame, but leave everything to the 1500 bytes default)
    4) Make sure you aren't connecting both with wireless and wired at the same time on the computer

8. -AndyH-

-AndyH- Occasional Visitor

Hi

I am suffering the same problem since upgrading to Windows 8.

Wireless is fine, wired most router pages don't load or half load with the spinning circle. If you hit refresh, sometimes the pages load immediately.

Network is certified Cat6 with a Netgear 24 port managed gigabit switch.

Tried with jumbo frames on/off, makes no difference.

I am using version .260 if this helps.

9. RMerlin

Could be your network interface not working properly under Windows 8. See if the manufacturer has any driver update.

I have no issues myself since I updated my PC to Windows 8, using a Realtek Gigabit controler (onboard with my Asus P7P55D), running driver 7.53.216.2012.

10. ariesjunk

This problem is solved by downgrading my PC from Windows 8 to Windows 7. Does this means that N66U is not compatible with Windows 8?

11. RMerlin

It's far more likely to be an issue with the wireless driver of your network card (which might not be fully Windows 8 compatible) than the router itself. My RT-AC66U and RT-N66U both work fine with my Windows 8 desktop. I would look for a driver update, and also make sure that whatever security software / firewall you run is also fully Windows 8 compatible.

12. ariesjunk

I restore the Windows 8 image and try to find out the cause of the problem once more time. I finally discover the culprit is the network shield of avast anti-virus program. I disable it and everything is normal now. Thanks for the help provided in the forum anyway.