What's new

Issue Updating Merlin Firmware to 386.12_2 on my ASUS RT-AC66U B1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

meton66

New Around Here
ello forum members,

I'm currently facing an issue while attempting to update my ASUS RT-AC66U B1 router with Merlin firmware version 386.12_2. It seems like the update isn't going smoothly, and I could use some assistance and guidance on how to resolve this.

Here's what I've done so far:

1. I downloaded the Merlin firmware version 386.12_2 from the official source.
  2. Next, I accessed my router's management page through the web interface.
  3. I attempted to update the firmware by selecting and uploading the downloaded Merlin firmware file.
  4. The upload process starts, but eventually, I encounter an error message, and the router reverts to the previous firmware version.
Has anyone else come across this problem or can anyone provide suggestions on what steps I can take to successfully complete the Merlin firmware update? I'm eager to make sure my router is running optimally and securely with the latest firmware version.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance or advice. Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Metehan

Welcome to the forums @meton66.

Unplug any/all USB devices (safely remove them via the GUI).

Unplug all Ethernet cables connected to the router.

Reboot the router via the GUI.

Connect via WiFi.

Verify that you have downloaded the correct firmware image for your router model.

Proceed to flash it.