What's new

wan take new ip from isp

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

viensdans

New Around Here
Hello
i have Asus rt-ac68u
isp ip lease time is 15 minutes. i need new ip.
i connected to my router from distance. Since I am not near the router, I cannot turn off the electricity, or if I turn off the wan connection, I cannot connect remotely again.
How can I make the router wait before restarting? I want to delay it before it starts again. How to sleep for 15 minutes while boot again. is there a telnet command or other way

i have Asus rt-ac68u
i connected to my router from distance. Since I am not near the router, I cannot turn off the electricity, or if I turn off the wan connection, I cannot connect remotely again.

How can I make the router wait before restarting? I want to delay it before it starts again. How to sleep for 15 minutes while boot again. is there a telnet command or other way
Not possible.

isp ip lease time is 15 minutes.

Very odd - just out of curiosity, who is the ISP, and how do you connect (DSL, Fiber, Cable, 4G/5G)

Spec compliant DHCP clients actually start requesting a refresh at half time of the lease period - so every client on that ISP is going to hammer their DHCP server...

If your ISP allows unknown devices to connect - change the MAC address in MAC Clone, WAN. On reboot your router will get a new IP. If your ISP doesn't allow unknown devices though - your router won't get an IP and you won't be able to access it anymore from WAN.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!