What's new

Web History on USB

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

przemo

New Around Here
Hi RMerlin .Asus in your DSL N17U added the option to write Web History on USB. Would it be possible to add this functionality to RT AC87U and other routers supported by ASUSWRT-Merlin?
1.jpg

Hi RMerlin .Asus in your DSL N17U added the option to write Web History on USB. Would it be possible to add this functionality to RT AC87U and other routers supported by ASUSWRT-Merlin?
View attachment 8335
WOOOW
Asus finally started to work.
Good info.
I also postulate to add this to other models like AC88U.
Many times I have written the ASUS added that such an option. Finally, they listen.

The DSL-N17 does not use the same firmware code as Asuswrt-Merlin. Web History in my firmware uses the Trend Micro engine, which is closed source, and cannot be modified. Completely different implementations.

Ok some code is closed. But Asus nothing do with our issue which we send. More and more time i send to asus to repair dual wan. But asus nothing done.
Look on new model Synology Rt2600ac. GUI is perfect. Is user and friendly as gui in Synology NAS. Also working this router is better. Function and other. Look also have scheduler for LED which asus and you dont want add in asus wrt.

If the Asus doesn't give you what you want and the Synology does, then buy a Synology. Simple.:) Asus are more likely to improve their software if they start loosing customers to a competitor. Complaining on here won't achieve anything.

There's no single router firmware that does *everything*. Sure, Synology might have a nice shiny webui, and some features that Asuswrt doesn't. But Asuswrt also has plenty of features that the Synology does not have. Asuswrt's VPN support beats hands out that of any other SOHO routers I have seen out there, for instance.

I'll take advanced VPN capabilities over a LED scheduler any day. (Especially since a 3 lines script in Asuswrt-Merlin will give you that LED scheduler.) It's about priorities. And it's about global design decisions. Software development has a limited number of engineers writing code within a limited amount of time. Therefore, you chose what you put these engineers on.

If Asus's priorities aren't the same as yours, then as Colin say, maybe you bought the wrong product for your personal needs.

Last edited:
If you do this scheduler for LEDs it will be greatest job

But i think about add to GUI

I have no intention of adding a bazillion webui settings that will be a waste of development time, make the webui overloaded with knobs, and waste 30-40 bytes of nvram that is running out of space on some router models, especially not when I just showed you how to achieve the same result in less than 5 minutes of work, versus 1-2 hours of development work better spent elsewhere.

If you haven't changed your opinion, I wish you would reconsider.

A scheduler to turn the LEDs on and off at specific intervals.

With AiMesh the positioning of individual devices could make or break the whole mesh and inadvertently force you to put a node in your bedroom to achieve optimum coverage.

One of the reasons to buy a new model is new features. I think there's a wide acceptance that older models through technical constraints can't be fitted with the latest bells and whistles.

Let's face it. Setting up a cronjob isn't for everyone.

Attachments

• Ubiquiti - airCube AC.png
    Ubiquiti - airCube AC.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 315
With AiMesh the positioning of individual devices could make or break the whole mesh and inadvertently force you to put a node in your bedroom to achieve optimum coverage.
Merlin's firmware doesn't support AiMesh.

Apart from this one person over two years ago I can't remember anyone else reporting the lack of GUI LED scheduling to be an issue.

Merlin's firmware doesn't support AiMesh.

Apart from this one person over two years ago I can't remember anyone else reporting the lack of GUI LED scheduling to be an issue.

I'm aware that Merlin's firmware doesn't support AiMesh - for now.

The vast majority of Asus router owners are probably unaware of this forum. The more technical inclined probably set it up the way Merlin described it. Not so the average Joe or Jane, making up the bulk of device owners.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!