What's new

Webcam And USB Extender Issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Network Freak 2009

Occasional Visitor
I bought a Web camera it connects through USB 2.0 it is called Microsoft Lifecam Studio I also bought a Rocketfish 12ft Extension cable but when I use the Extension cable I get graphical glitches grey Lines across the screen in the Video do I need a Different USB extension cable to extend my Web Cam range I was thinking to solve the range issue to buy a USB to Ethernet Converter to know I have never used this type of product before and before I buy it I would like to know if these products degrade the Video or Audio quality of the webcam Video ?

Is Ethernet the best way to solve the above issue in regards to range limitations?

Best way is to buy an IP camera with a network connection built in.

I bought a Web camera it connects through USB 2.0 it is called Microsoft Lifecam Studio I also bought a Rocketfish 12ft Extension cable but when I use the Extension cable I get graphical glitches grey Lines across the screen in the Video do I need a Different USB extension cable to extend my Web Cam range I was thinking to solve the range issue to buy a USB to Ethernet Converter to know I have never used this type of product before and before I buy it I would like to know if these products degrade the Video or Audio quality of the webcam Video ?

Is Ethernet the best way to solve the above issue in regards to range limitations?

Return the overpriced Rocketfish cable and buy this. Assuming your motherboard has a good USB2 controller (i.e. Intel, NEC) you'll be fine.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10303&cs_id=1030312&p_id=2779&seq=1&format=2

BTW, of the USB-Ethernet extenders I've seen, none properly supports USB2.

Is There an IP camera that has these specs HD 1080p Video Resolution?

the Camera I bought is the Microsoft Lifecam Studio but I just bought it so I am still within the return period so if there is an Ip camera out there with the same specs I would buy that instead but I cannot find any?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!