What's new

Where are you finding ASUS RT-N66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I ordered mine from Newegg this past week, even though it says its pre-order, they apparently have them in stock now. Mine won't be here until Monday.

One thing I have noticed about most Asus products, is they take longer than other companies to get stock for whatever reason that is.

Their tech support doesn't seem that knowledgeable either. But one thing good about Asus is they do update the firmware on their products, unlike many companies who rarely ever do.

Well now, Fry's web site shows this on back order, so I was surprised to see that they were on the shelves in our local Fry's stores.

So you might check your local Fry's store.

Newegg shipping mine today, should have it Wed-Thurs.

Sam

Mine due in tomorrow according to the tracking info. Notice now Newegg shows this router with a release date of March 6th now. Guess they're just trickling in.

Sam

Jerry, how long ago did you order your router from Amazon? Just curious how they're doing.

Got mine from local fry's (ordered online local store pickup). Came with .90 loaded - immediately upgraded to .102. Bought it to compare against the e4200v2 i bought last week.

There's quite a difference (at least in my home) overall with regards to speed / strength / general operation.

While e4200v2 was noticeably stronger than my old dir-655, it still had a few dead spots (3 story house multi level - router top corner of the house).

By comparison the rt-n66u was strong even in the dead spots noted with the e4200v2 (same setup / configuration established for both routers).

Also had what appered to be some issues with my work vpn (getting dropped connections) with the e4200v2.

Add in the option to load other firmwares as well as the .102 firmware offers much more configuration options - no brainer - e4200v2 is now back at wally world - asus is now happily humming along .....

Hello all and thanks for the great info on this site.

Ordered a RT-N66U from NewEgg yesterday despite their website saying "backorder".

Later in the day I received an email saying they shipped the router. $179.

Just purchased from Superbiiz. In stock, use coupon code bracket for total of $169.99 including free shipping.

Bought mine on newegg.

I bought mine on newegg even though it showed preorder, I got mine within 3 days. Fantastic router compared to wrt610n v1, the wireless signal is smooth and doesn't drop clients. In fact even the lousy zenbook's terrible wireless card remains connected at 120-150mbps. My macbook pro (on a radio) remains steady at 300mpbs.

$168 at Amazon

Just noticed the RT-N66U for $168. (US) delivered on Amazon today. If you have a Prime account you can get it in 2 days at no extra charge.

That's the lowest price Iv'e seen so far.:)