What's new

Wireless AC adaptor choice. for maximum router to pc data transfer not Internet.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ulaganath

Very Senior Member
Hi Guys,

I am trying to find a close to 2 R7000 bridged kind of performance in AC 1200 adaptor. As i now only have 1 router and not going to get 2nd for bridging.

I am getting kind of ok signal in 5ghz ac and better in 2.4ghz but the bandwidth is very limited.

Say i currently have r7000 in master room with a wall inbetween when connected wirelessly i am stuck at 324Mb/s on my N900 Netgear adaptor. At 2.4ghz i get full 450Mb/s since its 3x3 adaptor.

But the data transfer from my router attached storage is very slow say 60-90Mb/s ie 8-11MB/s average .

Its good but not for transferring say 10-20Gig at a time. Even though i experienced that USB 3.0 have some boost in read i still get not close to 30MB/s if the achievable rate of 240+Mbps.

Kindly suggest the best way to stay connected via AC band adaptor as i have no used with another ac router for bridging as most wired devices are long gone with everything i have is wireless.

Also i knew that 50% or below is actual yeild for data transfer even though the connection rate is close 1gig.

So in my case i expect the following things.

Cost effective and should be 1/3 of router price.
Better range and should support full AC Wfii. if there exist MU_MIMO.

Kindly suggest the right adaptor for above said requirement. of AC wireless adpator with max signal capturing and support max data transfer