What's new

X520-T2 Dual Port 10Gbe Ethernet Network Adapter and QNAP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Zeno78

New Around Here
I have my main PC that I do all my video encoding and my TVS-EC1080 QNAP that I store all my video on. It is populated with 9 6tb 7200RPM drives RAID 6 with a RAID 0 500 GB SSD CACHE. My write performace is limited and wanted to expand this by adding 10GbE cards.

I have purchased in installed 2 x520-t2 cards, one in my ASROCK x99 Extreme4/3.1 MB and one in the QNAP. I just need some help connecting. I am not using a 10GbE switch as I do not have the funds so I am currently using the built in 1GB NIC in the MB and the 4 in the QNAP. The x520-t2's are connected together with 2 network cables.

I would like it if my PC would access the QNAP via the 10GbE and use the regular NIC for internet and the same for the QNAP device.

Might consider doing a point to point connection to the NAS using iSCSI maybe, rather than Samba...

Have you check the QNAP forums - since this is fairly QNAP specific...

i'll check over there as well. Thank you

Not trying to push you off - it's just they have some pretty smart folks with domain specific experience in use-cases like the solution you're asking for - best to get it from them.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!