What's new

10GB NIC only getting 1GB speeds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Before I ran the previous iPerf test, I emailed Aquantio support. They provided some decent feedback I would like to share here if any others experience the same issues.
We were able to se 9.4Gbps iperf throughput with the Windows 10 Pro build 1903 from Nov 2019.

Some observations:
  1. Your firmware and driver versions are OK
  2. When you say you are getting 1GB of speed, are you linked at 1Gbps or 10Gbps?
  3. If you drag and drop files, you can try copying a 4GB Windows 10 ISO image from one folder of the SSD to another folder to see how fast the SSD can copy the file.
  4. This QNAP NAS has the AQC107 controller and can move data on the PCIe NVME controller at 1158MB/s = 1158*8 = 9.264Gbps
    1. https://www.qnap.com/en-us/product/tvs-472xt
    2. 1MB/s = 8Mbit/s
  5. Please try the iperf test and adjust the Window size if necessary
  6. You can also enable Jumbo Frames to improve the performance
  7. What is the CPU utilization when you make the measurements?
  8. Make sure the PCIe slot is configured to link at Gen3 speeds. You should be able to check the Gen speed in the bios.

In the end, I believe I had multiple issues. I made the mistake of using ASUS driver instead og going straight to Auantio. The other issue was my ASUS NIC was in a PCIe x4 slot so I moved it to x16. Somewhere along the line, those fixed it. My large files copy almost instantly. 10GB is way faster than 1GB...haha 10x faster... Thank you all for the support. You were all a great help.

Attachments

• AQN107 10G Iperf Review.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 216
I have two Win 10 Pro PCs (both fully updated as of today) networked using a ASUS XG-C100C and the other is using my MSI X570 Creation builtin NIC Aquantia AQtion. The mother board to the ASUS is a Rampage IV Gene with a i7-3970X CPU, and the other is my X570 with a 3950X CPU. This is connected via a CAT6e cable directly with the ips configured.
I recently had to reinstall WIN after an update broke everything and was unrecoverable. On getting everything setup again I couldn't get past 1Gb on a direct connection to another machine. Then I remembered...Disable the Onboard Nic then setup and map the network drive over 10Gb link. then connect the 1Gb back up and poof everything worked correctly. Somehow windows was holding 1Gb specs and spanning all NIC's.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!