What's new

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gar

Very Senior Member
192.168.1.212 is almost always in my AC56 client list. No specifics are included with the entry unlike the other clients. I searched and see it a private address and found in local networks. Is this indicating something I need to deal with or just normal operation?

Does it show you the MAC address? Probably worth googling the first 6 or so characters of that to see what it matches.
If it's definitely something that you haven't added to your network, it's something to worry about, but only you would know that. Chances are it's just something you've added that you don't consider when you think of what's on your network (ereader, smart bulb, smart watch etc)

Some stuff just doesn't show friendly names. Kindles for example are terrible for it.

Reactions: Gar
There's a MAC address but no ID to go with it. Google identifies it as I indicated above.

There's a MAC address but no ID to go with it. Google identifies it as I indicated above.
What is the MAC address (not the IP address)?

Is it shown as a wired device or wireless?

What have you defined as your LAN IP address range, 192.168.1.x?

42:49:2D:11:97:35
Not identified as wired or wireless, just in the client list with the known devices.

That is a locally administered MAC address. There was a similar post recently. So it seems likely this is a randomised (aka private) MAC address from one of your devices.

That feature is on, must be it then. Thanks, I didn't see the previous, similar post.