What's new

2.4GHz changes between REmerlin .55 and latest .9177

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

VANT

Very Senior Member
As we know 87u have problems with 5GHz radio, but i have some problems also with 2.4GHz and my android tablet on .55 FW. When tablet go to sleep then drop connection and i had to turn off and turn on the radio on the tablet to be able to connect to the network.

On latest 9177 fw this problem not exist, and tablet is always connect.

There were some changes in the 2.4 GHz radio driver or 2.4GHz support between these versions ?

-------------------------------------------
ps.thread is no actual....my tablet still drop connection even on 9177......

Last edited:
378.55 is based on the 6xxx driver. You're comparing two versions released three months apart.

2.4GHz driver is also changed ?
unfortunatelly as i write in first post on 9177 i have still disconnections..... :(

but. When i i use RT-n66u i have no disconnection.

but. When i i use RT-n66u i have no disconnection.

Completely different devices, with completely different drivers. That's comparing apples to oranges.

I know it's two different devices , I wrote only that 66u working properly.

I know it's two different devices , I wrote only that 66u working properly.

The RT-AC87U is what it is. There are tons of posts on these forums providing workarounds that work for many users (such as disabling beamforming). If beyond that you still have issues, then you will have to either wait for Quantenna to figure out how to write a driver that actually works properly, or switch to a different router. There's nothing else to be done.

but i write about 2.4GHz not 5GHz by quantenna.
My tablet have 2.4GHz radio.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!