What's new

2.4Ghz devices keep disconnecting

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I for sure don't understand all the details, but Asus is pretty clear about it:

"If your IoT devices cannot upgrade to WiFi 6, we will suggest you that turn off some options to ensure better compatibility." --- Referring to the 802.11ax / WiFi 6 mode in your wifi settings.

I for sure don't understand all the details, but Asus is pretty clear about it:

"If your IoT devices cannot upgrade to WiFi 6, we will suggest you that turn off some options to ensure better compatibility." --- Referring to the 802.11ax / WiFi 6 mode in your wifi settings.
I was going to link that but you pipped me to the post. So I'll just add this. There's an interesting comment in the closing paragraph.

Moi? Never signed up there.
Screenshot_2024-01-05-16-17-55-14_c0dc27f5c07cb0fb3541d6073dfd6932.jpg

I "clicked" your link and was invited to "sign up" to continue reading the article (past less than a paragraph). Swear to God.

I "clicked" your link and was invited to "sign up" to continue reading the article (past less than a paragraph). Swear to God.
Just for you Tried to attach a screenshot but the forum software limited the resolution - unreadable.

Your effort is appreciated, but the resultant resolution is ineffective. [Edit: acknowledged that]

Highlight the text and paste it in...
Extract from "https://www.techtarget.com/searchnetworking/answer/Is-Wi-Fi-6-backward-compatible-Yes-and-no"

"So, is Wi-Fi 6 backward-compatible? Yes and no.

By definition, the standard says absolutely yes. In reality, most networks are going to be configured in the name of performance tuning to skew away from total backward compatibility.

Generally, 802.11b rates of 1, 2, 5.5 and 11 Mbps are disabled -- but exceptions exist. Some environments also block some or all 802.11g rates as well. Most newer client devices will be minimally capable of 802.11n, but unfortunately, some of the more ill-conceived devices rely on cheap wireless chipsets and backward compatibility, which leads to frustration for both the device user and network administrator."

Thank you.

If you're not safe disallowing b but leaving g operable, then it truly is time to upgrade... At this moment in time I'd say if a device doesn't know g at least, it's time is passed and the company producing it ought to commit whatever the Chinese equivalent of hara-kiri is.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!