What's new

2.4Ghz Wi-Fi not working with 386.3_2 (works well when reverting back to 386.1_2)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

olib756

New Around Here
Hello,

I have an Asus RT-AC86U which has been working perfectly well since months running 386.1_2.

I upgraded it to 386.3_2 and the 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi does not work at all. The led is off, the channel defaults to 0 / Auto and cannot be changed.
I tried a Restore to factory defaults, which did not solved the issue.

I reverted back to 386.1_2 and it's all working well again.

Any idea on how to fix this on 386.3_2 ?

Thank you !
Olib

I've test with Asus 3.0.0.4.386.44470 firmware and it's working fine, so it really looks like it's an issue with Merlin 386.3_2...

Since this firmware is working for many/most RT-AC86U's, it must be your router, configuration, or both.

The following suggestions may help get your router/network to a good/known state on the latest firmware.

Fully Reset / Best Practice Setup / More

Hi mine is bit peculiar.. I think mine is hardware issue.. I can see led is on I can connect to 2.4 Ghz but I cant connect to the internet... I tried joing Lyra mesh didnt work either.. so I took another Strong 1600 Extender and used as Access point.. yup its working. So I have disabled 2.4ghz radio on my RT-ac88u just 5Ghz is enabled. and have 2.4Ghz + 5Ghz on Strong 1600 Extender (as AP )

For what it's worth, I've got an AC86U R1.5 from 2017 currently running 386.3_2 and no issues with either the 2.4 or 5 GHz bands with tens of devices connected at any one time.

Have you tried a factory reset after updating to 386.3_2 and then seeing what happens, or are you just doing dirty updates for your tests?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online