What's new

2.5gb or 1gb wan port AX86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So sad.. the 2.5g port for aimesh backhand would be perfect if one has many devices on the node router.

Using the 2.5G port for my NAS, works great.

Must be specific to the RT-AX86U. When I played with a pair of Zen Wifi XT8 a few months ago, the 2.5 Gbps backhaul seemed to work properly between the two.
Are you sure? I could never get 2.5gb working as backhaul and either lan or usb-ethernet working as WAN.

Are you sure? I could never get 2.5gb working as backhaul and either lan or usb-ethernet working as WAN.
Yes. I wanted at the time to specifically test the throughput in an ideal scenario, so I used the 2.5G ports.

Yes. I wanted at the time to specifically test the throughput in an ideal scenario, so I used the 2.5G ports.

Hmm that's interesting. Because I just cannot get it to work like that if one is a router and the other is a node.

Is that the setup you had?

The instructions say you most connect the 2.5gb wan port of the node to a LAN port on the router.

I once managed to trick it into accepting the 2.5gb wan as a LAN. But there was no other option to set a LAN port as a WAN.

I have tried old (factory firmware, latest and beta firmware)

I'll explore the CLI to see if I can do it that way too.

Edit: Sorry, unless you are saying the 2.5gb was from an XT8 to an AX86U?
I thought you meant XT8 to XT8.

Sorry, it's been about a year since I did those tests, I don't remember any of the details.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!