What's new

2 asus routers and VPN?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

byyuan

Occasional Visitor
I am using Astrill, and since it works only with certain routers, in my case, AX56U. I bought a second router TUF AX3000 for better wireless connection (5400M???). When I purchased it, I didn't realize TUF AX3000 is different from RT AX3000 (or AX58U). So long story short, I cannot merlin the TUF AX3000 (but would be great if i could!)
Now, I'm using AX56U to connect to internet and run Astrill, then LAN to TUF-AX3000 for wireless coverage. and under TUF-AX3000, I've got my Synology NAS. What I wanted is:
1. Astrill coverage for my home wifi
2. Internet remote access to my Synology
My current setup: Internet-AX56U-TUF AX3000-NAS, with AX56U setup as IPSEC server. I'm able to remotely connect to AX56U via IPSEC, but I cannot get connected to my NAS. Could someone please help me out on how do i solve this?

Thank you!

-----Update--------
It didn't work out in the end. Returning the TUF AX3000. and now using AX56U (V1).
It still has a conflict between Astrill and IPSEC server. When the VPN server is active, Astrill would stop working after hardware restart (auto reboot). Astrill had me a manual solution to SSH to the router, and execute modprobe tun before connecting, and it worked. What's modprobe?? can this be automated with Merlin?