What's new

2 Quick Questions

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I should know this but is there a way to print out or download a copy of the SSID's & Settings to a file?
That way when i flash the new firmware I can have them to read off of when I manually enter them.

I should know this but is there a way to print out or download a copy of the SSID's & Settings to a file?
That way when i flash the new firmware I can have them to read off of when I manually enter them.
Possible via command line (SSH to router) and nvram show command - set again with nvram set variable-name value - but need some tweaking of the output file - see John's User NVRAM Save/Restore Utility for ideas how to do it (is not compatible with latest 384 branch firmware).

I want to upgrade from firmware 380 to 384 on ASUS RT-AC87U, I understand that I have to run the command opkg update; opkg upgrade twice, before doing so. When I SSH into the router at: /temp/home/root# and run the command, I get -sh: opkg: not found. Am I in the correct directory? Or is this command not required for RT-AC87u?

That command is for updating entware not the firmware
How do I know if entware is installed at all and if so where do I run the command? Merlin says to update entware before upgrading to firmware 384, that is what I am trying to do.

How do I know if entware is installed at all and if so where do I run the command? Merlin says to update entware before upgrading to firmware 384, that is what I am trying to do.

Entware is a third-party package manager (like APT on Linux). If you have a script like AB-Solution installed you will also have entware installed to your attached USB. If you have a more or less "default" installation then you most likely won't have entware (which judging by the missing opkg binary is the case).

Entware is a third-party package manager (like APT on Linux). If you have a script like AB-Solution installed you will also have entware installed to your attached USB. If you have a more or less "default" installation then you most likely won't have entware (which judging by the missing opkg binary is the case).
Thank you for your reply. If I understand correctly I do not need Entware to upgrade from 380.xx to 384.xx?

Thank you for your reply. If I understand correctly I do not need Entware to upgrade from 380.xx to 384.xx?

Correct