What's new

2 Routers/Broadband - 1 Switch

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Chris Bailey

Occasional Visitor
I’m generally ok with networks and vlans but unsure what to do with my scenario??

Their are x2 Internet connections, first for a security firm, only for CCTV/security (unknown Router), second for out A/V, we are using a edgerouter x, the security firm require their own LAN/VLAN with their Internet but we require access to their LAN to gain access to the CCTV feed.

The security firm have a fibre link(SFP) to our Cisco SG200, their switch is in a garage 200m away.

Can I do this with the equipment I’ve got or do I need a L3 switch?

I know the Edgerouter can Dual wan but is this just for failover or can it use both ISPs at the same time?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I may be following you, but could you make a diagram of some sort? That would help a lot.

I think you can do it with the equipment you have, but I want to make sure.

I think Policy Based Routing is what im after? Any thoughts

The only policy based routing that I have seen in Cisco's small business switches is in the SG350 switches I have seen it mentioned. You need to check. I don't own a Cisco SG350 switch yet.

If you are working with a SG200 switch then it is layer 2 only.

Last edited:
I’m sorted now thanks, I kept it simple and set up static routes, this way I’m not responsible for the security firms Network.

Thanks