1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

2 Routers/Broadband - 1 Switch

Discussion in 'Routers' started by Chris Bailey, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Chris Bailey

Chris Bailey Occasional Visitor

I’m generally ok with networks and vlans but unsure what to do with my scenario??

Their are x2 Internet connections, first for a security firm, only for CCTV/security (unknown Router), second for out A/V, we are using a edgerouter x, the security firm require their own LAN/VLAN with their Internet but we require access to their LAN to gain access to the CCTV feed.

The security firm have a fibre link(SFP) to our Cisco SG200, their switch is in a garage 200m away.

Can I do this with the equipment I’ve got or do I need a L3 switch?

I know the Edgerouter can Dual wan but is this just for failover or can it use both ISPs at the same time?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Chris Bailey

I think Policy Based Routing is what im after? Any thoughts

3. Samir

Samir Very Senior Member

I think I may be following you, but could you make a diagram of some sort? That would help a lot.

I think you can do it with the equipment you have, but I want to make sure.

4. coxhaus

coxhaus Part of the Furniture

The only policy based routing that I have seen in Cisco's small business switches is in the SG350 switches I have seen it mentioned. You need to check. I don't own a Cisco SG350 switch yet.

If you are working with a SG200 switch then it is layer 2 only.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  5. Chris Bailey

I’m sorted now thanks, I kept it simple and set up static routes, this way I’m not responsible for the security firms Network.

Thanks