What's new

2 routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hannez0101

Occasional Visitor
Hi
I love your addon Kamoj I use it for ExpressVPN and adguard. I have used the r7800 as my primary router until now. I bought a Ubiquity Dream Machine Pro router. But the issue is that there are no VPN client in the router. And I would like to have ExpressVPN on all my devices. So is there a good way to use both the Ubiquity and the R7800??So that they don’t collided with double nat etc.
Best Regards Hannez

Off topic, but I try to help. (You should post this in a Ubiquity forum!).

I'm sure Ubiquity is something completely different.
Isn't it open source or so?
You can not be the first one missing an OpenVPN Client.

Me e.g., I would never buy a thing/"Dream machine" without that support.
The reason I bought the R7800 was that @Voxel added support for it, and immediately "joined the train",
and tried to help improving it.

Seems like a very obvious thing to get a lot of bad critics for.
Maybe you can contact the producer and "complain",
and get some instructions on how to implement it.

I hope you find out a solution for your high spec setup!

Hi
I love your addon Kamoj I use it for ExpressVPN and adguard. I have used the r7800 as my primary router until now. I bought a Ubiquity Dream Machine Pro router. But the issue is that there are no VPN client in the router. And I would like to have ExpressVPN on all my devices. So is there a good way to use both the Ubiquity and the R7800??So that they don’t collided with double nat etc.
Best Regards Hannez
Unlikely that you can make your R7800 into a VPN appliance and just use it to run the VPN client.

Running the R7800 double NATed won't reduce your speeds or increase your latency. It will make communicating between devices on the separate subnets difficult which is one of the reasons to run double NATed. Devices connected to the second router that is double NATed will be able to communicate with devices on the Internet facing router. Not so easy the other way without some customization of the routing.

The R7800 could be used as either the first or second router. A VPN client on the R7800 will work just fine in either position.

The router that will be connected to the internet, should have the DHCP and UPNP activated .
On the router that is NOT connected to the internet you must disable DHCP and UPNP.
These 2 routers will be connected with 1 utp cable on LAN port on each router. Do not conect them in a WAN port.
The LAN ip of both routers should be in the same class, 192.168.XXX.1 the router connected to the internet and the second one = 192.168.XXX.2
Because of your need of VPN, then R7800 should be the router that will connect to the internet.