What's new

2 VPN's on one router?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rick Mathes

Regular Contributor
I have a Rt-AC68U on pia vpn for most of my equipment. I have another router hooked to it on pia but to a vpn address in Europe which I need for undisclosed reasons. From what I understand from reading I can have 2 vpn's on my one router and designate ports for which one a port uses. I am a novice so not sure if I could have the skills to do this but any advice greatly appreciated. Just want to eliminate the second router.

You can have as many VPNs on 1 router as you like just like you can actually have as many WANs as you like. The issue comes from routing in telling the router what goes where which is why consumer routers cant have too many WANs. But flexible routers like mikrotik will let you have as many networks as you like connected to it.

The problem with using VPN on a consumer router is the speed.

It's just a matter of knowing how to sent certain ports to certain vpns and I have read allot but I am totally confused. I guess I will just continue to run two routers.