What's new

2 xbox one nat problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kingguile

New Around Here
Hello all i have 2 xbox one and i am having problems with nat one is all-ways strict and it is messing up chat and gaming.
The router is asus RT-AC87U.
i tried to port forward one xbox and dmz the other and it made it worst.
i tried one dmz only same.
i tried one port forward only same.
I talk to asus support and was told to come here.
i don't want to get 1 more internet provider i am with rogers 350Mbps down and 20 Mbps up.

thank you for your time.

did you disable UPnP ? try without port forwarding or DMZ with UPnP enabled

Well I seen this same kind of issue with multiple consoles being used playing COD AW. I use Merlin's firmware, so under the system log section of the firmware. There is a connection's tab, that I decided to look at when both consoles were in use. What I come to learn, the way asus has upnp, or port forwarding setup on the AC87R. The first console will use port 3074 for COD AW to get an open nat. With a second console in use, it should give it port 3075. As COD AW allows between port 3074-3078, for when you have multiple consoles playing at the same time.

The key issue is, the asus router is allowing the second console to also use the same 3074 port. So you have two consoles trying to use the same port for a open nat. So the first connected console will have a open nat, while the second one will not. As this causes a conflict, and a false positive, which in return gives the second console a moderate nat.

I have personally tried disabling UPnP, and just port forward 3074 for one console, and 3075 for the other console. However the asus router still allows both console to use the same 3074 port. So one of the console's will continue having a moderate nat. But in reality the 3074 port is open, but already in use by the first console. Plan, and simple though, the router shouldn't be allowing two devices to use the same port at the same time. The router itself should tell whatever is requesting the already in use port it's not available. Which in return it would request port 3075 in this case, and both consoles would be using separate ports, and both would have open nat's.

Last edited:
Here is my other router I use, and it work's correctly with multiple consoles using UPnP. As you can see in the image below, one console was given port 3074, and other was given port 3075.

Attachments

• Two consoles UPnP.png
    Two consoles UPnP.png
    72.9 KB · Views: 753
Hello all i have 2 xbox one and i am having problems with nat one is all-ways strict and it is messing up chat and gaming.
The router is asus RT-AC87U.
i tried to port forward one xbox and dmz the other and it made it worst.
i tried one dmz only same.
i tried one port forward only same.
I talk to asus support and was told to come here.
i don't want to get 1 more internet provider i am with rogers 350Mbps down and 20 Mbps up.

thank you for your time.

Me and a friend, both with Asus routers (Him with an 87U and me with a N66U) and Xbox Ones have had this problem.

First, disable UPNP and do port forwarding for each Xbox. These are the ports
you wanna forward. http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live

After that, my friend, who has more then one Xbox One either gets Open, or Moderate for NAT when checking on his XBone. (He usually gets Open, while the others get Moderate) Either way, everything works (Online gaming, chat, skype, etc) unless Xbox Live itself is taking a dump. I did the same as him and everything works a lot better now that all the ports have been forwarded.

Hope that helps you.

You don't say what code you are using....

But there was a miniupnpd update picked up by Merlin in 376.48 and above that some have posted has helped the multiple xbox situation. If you are using any ASUS OEM level, they are still using a version over 2 years old and you won't see that benefit.

thank you

i will try but asus should fix this problem with the new generation consoles getting more and more frequent.
ps i just installed merlin RT-AC87U_3.0.0.4_378.50_0 i will try it.

Last edited:
i will try but asus should fix this problem with the new generation consoles getting more and more frequent.

It's not an Asus problem. It's a limitation all routers/manufacturers have. You don't see any router come out of the factory, pre-configured with all these ports already set for you. You have to do that by hand.

Me and a friend, both with Asus routers (Him with an 87U and me with a N66U) and Xbox Ones have had this problem.

First, disable UPNP and do port forwarding for each Xbox. These are the ports
you wanna forward. http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live

After that, my friend, who has more then one Xbox One either gets Open, or Moderate for NAT when checking on his XBone. (He usually gets Open, while the others get Moderate) Either way, everything works (Online gaming, chat, skype, etc) unless Xbox Live itself is taking a dump. I did the same as him and everything works a lot better now that all the ports have been forwarded.

Hope that helps you.

witch ports for each xbox

witch ports for each xbox

There are no specific ports for each unit. You can only use the ports I listed for one Xbox. After you do that, the one Xbox is taken care of and you should get an open NAT, while the second unit should get nothing worse then Moderate.

Everything should work after that.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!