What's new

$281 for tp link 11000 or $123 for AC88U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ark1g09

New Around Here
Hi all - as the title says, have an option to either get the AC88U for cheap (USD 123) or get the tp link ax11000 for USD 281. What would be the best option? Although money isn't really an object would hate to get the 11000 if its overkill/not good value for the performance I require.

Location: single story 4 bedroom apartment (c.2800 square feet/260 square meters)

My Devices & use cases:
- OLED tv for streaming 4k Netflix
- Devialet speaker for tidal hi fi streaming
- Desktop PC running a Plex media server & gaming and occasional 4k Netflix if necessary
- Xbox one x for streaming Plex from my desktop & gaming
- 2x 16 MacBook Pro for web browsing & occasional gaming
- 2x iPads for web browsing
- 4x iPhones for typical usage without streaming

Thanks in advance for all the advice!

Last edited:
Hi all - as the title says, have an option to either get the AC88U for cheap (USD 123) or get the tp link ax11000 for USD 281. What would be the best option? Although money isn't really an object would hate to get the 11000 if its overkill/not good value for the performance I require.

Location: single story 4 bedroom apartment (c.2800 square feet/260 square meters)

My Devices & use cases:
- OLED tv for streaming 4k Netflix
- Devialet speaker for tidal hi fi streaming
- Desktop PC running a Plex media server & gaming and occasional 4k Netflix if necessary
- Xbox one x for streaming Plex from my desktop & gaming
- 2x 16 MacBook Pro for web browsing & occasional gaming
- 2x iPads for web browsing
- 4x iPhones for typical usage without streaming

Thanks in advance for all the advice!
I've had an rt ac 88 u for years and never looked back especially with Merlin firmware I would snatch it up in a heartbeat at that price it would certainly do all that you have stated you need it to do

I've had an rt ac 88 u for years and never looked back especially with Merlin firmware I would snatch it up in a heartbeat at that price it would certainly do all that you have stated you need it to do
Yes I recently returned my AX88U and bought a used AC88U for $80 ...no complaints so far!!

tp-link f/w is few and far between, and they stop updates when a new model comes out. the ac88 will continue to have great support for a while yet I'll bet.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!