What's new

3.0.0.4.386_45934-gb23bdac on 66U B1 breaks Guest network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jplw

Regular Contributor
My 66U B1 prompted me to update to latest firmware with one-click install. I did so, with the result that devices that connect to my guest network have no internet access (they do not get an IP address). At the advice of ASUS tech support, I spent hours and hours factory resetting my router and AiMesh node and reconfiguring from scratch. Same result...no Guest network internet acess. Using the manual upload of firmware through the Administration GUI, I went back to the 3.0.0.4.386_43129 firmware without any factory reset, and all is well again. Anybody else have a problem with this new firmware?

My 66U B1 prompted me to update to latest firmware with one-click install. I did so, with the result that devices that connect to my guest network have no internet access (they do not get an IP address). At the advice of ASUS tech support, I spent hours and hours factory resetting my router and AiMesh node and reconfiguring from scratch. Same result...no Guest network internet acess. Using the manual upload of firmware through the Administration GUI, I went back to the 3.0.0.4.386_43129 firmware without any factory reset, and all is well again. Anybody else have a problem with this new firmware?

I had guest1 WLAN connection trouble on both nodes of a 2xRT-AC86U beta 9.0.0.4_386_55919 wireless AiMesh. I reverted to released firmware 44470. Asus has been changing guest1 WLANs to work across all nodes.

OE

Last edited:
I did so, with the result that devices that connect to my guest network have no internet access (they do not get an IP address).
To be more accurate, you mean don't have LAN access? To be sure, do the devices actually make a connection to the WLAN and you can see them in the router GUI? If they are connected, I think they'd have to have an IP address.

Have you tried GN2?

When I tried to connect my iphone to the Guest Network, the iPhone said "No Internet Access". in my experience, that means that DHCP failed to give it an IP address. Furthermore, my IOT devices devices on the Guest network were not accessible through the cloud.

Not having that issue, but none of my WiFi 6 clients are connecting via WiFi 6 (5_2) after the update (they are connecting via 5_1 which is the trad AC radio). I have the 92u mesh setup and it seems to be stable but for this new development…

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!