What's new

378.56_1 crashes roughly once daily on AC3200

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Andy S.

New Around Here
I installed the .56 release and had the same problem so on Sunday I upgraded to the 56_1 release. I see that there's now a 56_2, so I'll try that as well in case this is the mDNS memory exhaustion thing, but I wanted to raise this in case I'm seeing an unknown problem. The prior stable build was rock solid, I only started seeing this after upgrading to the final 378.56 release.

There's nothing terribly useful in the system log - it normally gets spammed every few minutes with miniupnpd messages, and when the hang occurs, they just stop until I notice the router's gone down and reboot it. I don't find anything terribly useful in the restart log either, although I did notice this in the log right after the Virtual kernel memory layout section right after boot:
"Jul 31 17:00:17 kernel: * Invalid signature of oopsbuf: EE-E7-FF-FA-8B-FD-71-DF (len 3757592403)"

Happy to provide any additional info if needed, my plan is to try 56_2 and if that doesn't cure it, I'll have to go back to the older stable build.

Thanks-

378.56_1 is in the trash.

Use 378.56_2 with a full reset to factory defaults and then minimally and manually configuring the router to secure it and connect to your ISP.

378.56_1 is in the trash.

Use 378.56_2 with a full reset to factory defaults and then minimally and manually configuring the router to secure it and connect to your ISP.
I've already completed the update to _2, gonna wait and see whether it holds. If it doesn't I'll try factory defaults and restoring bits and pieces.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!