What's new

386.1 on AC68U locks up web interface

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

astrosteve

New Around Here
I just downloaded the new 386.1 version, and noticed I was the first download. Well, that didn't turn out good. While my network is up, the router web interface partially worked for one time, it is now totally locked up. I'll go try rebooting it. Any ideas?

For a RT-AC88U, how long will it take? I've beeb waiting 2 hours and everything seemed to work ok, except the WebUI that I cannot connect to.
I rebooted and again waited about 2 hours. Still no WebUI.
What to do next?

Can you SSH in? If so, run top or htop and check if nt_center is using lots of CPU. If it is, maintenance is ongoing

As a data point. Did a hard reset of a RT-68U first. Then flashed, through the web interface, the 386.1 firmware. Then did another hard reset. Proceeded to start configuring the router. With in a minute or two the router hung loading the administrator interface page for approx 5 minutes. Then the administration page properly loaded and I was able to proceed to reconfigure the router. So far no further issues or abnormal system log errors. Both cores show little activity and the RAM is at 25%.

As a data point. Did a hard reset of a RT-68U first. Then flashed, through the web interface, the 386.1 firmware. Then did another hard reset. Proceeded to start configuring the router. With in a minute or two the router hung loading the administrator interface page for approx 5 minutes. Then the administration page properly loaded and I was able to proceed to reconfigure the router. So far no further issues or abnormal system log errors. Both cores show little activity and the RAM is at 25%.
Don't mind doing a hard reset but really need to backup my config. I know I should have done a back up but never had a issue updating merlin before.

Same here, did a factory reset, restored saved settings with the nvram utility and everything is working.

Can you SSH in? If so, run top or htop and check if nt_center is using lots of CPU. If it is, maintenance is ongoing
Thanks, I was looking for which process is doing the db maintenance after the 386.1_2 upgrade. Unable to find it because the search functionality of this forum sucks now – error: "The search could not be completed because the search keywords were too short, too long, or too common."

Unable to find it because the search functionality of this forum sucks now – error: "The search could not be completed because the search keywords were too short, too long, or too common."
Use the "Better Search" function.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!