What's new

386.1 Wifi time scheduling

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

My time scheduling is broken too, like trying to catch water in a sieve instead of a bucket.

This has been the behavior of Merlin for years.

You mean chaining to NSFW?

That may be the case, but there are no entries in the NSFW chain currently, so the traffic is being allowed through, when previously it wasn't.

All I can tell you is that it was working in Merlin 384.19, and works in stock 386.

You mean chaining to NSFW?

That may be the case, but there are no entries in the NSFW chain currently, so the traffic is being allowed through, when previously it wasn't.

All I can tell you is that it was working in Merlin 384.19, and works in stock 386.
I agree it doesn’t work in 386.1 due to a missing DROP at the end of the PControls chain in the filter table. Just not sure how it would have worked in 384.19.

Looks like it’s already fixed for the next release.

The logdrop statement was moved within the code.

Confirmed: Parental Time Scheduling fixed in 386.2 Alpha 1 build. @RMerlin might want to add it to the change log since it was only committed as a “harmonize code” fix. :)

Last edited:
I installed the Alpha build and it did fix the issue I had with parental time controls with some caveats regarding guest networks. The 1st slot of the guest network segregates devices onto a separate subnet. In this configuration, parental time controls do not work for me. When I move the guest network into the second slot, devices are in the same network and blocking works.

If a device is on a seperate subnet, when I try disabling it from the device list, it states the IP of the device is unacceptable.

In either config, the blocked device on a guest network can't reach the splash page telling them it's been blocked. I believe this is due to the intranet access being blocked but is this really expected behavior?

386.1_2 has been released, and its release notes does mention fixing this issue. Thanks @RMerlin for damn quick turnover.

Edit: update the firmware version quoted

Last edited:
@mvadu RMerlin 386.2 has not been released.

The latest currently is 386.1_2.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!