What's new

4/5 Bay NAS questions..

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Not a bad idea but no, I have a pole barn that I ran 22o to, and while I was at it I ran a few Cat6 lines. I threw a computer together for use out there, and also setup some storage on it that's network accessible. It's just a single HDD and I have a failure (Stuff was backed up) and it was annoying getting all the date back on the new drive, etc. Hence the reason for a QNAP, I'd rather just pop a new drive into something and let it rebuild itself. But like many previous posters have stated, having a backup of the backup is a good idea, at least for family photos and such so I'll use that as it's backup..

Is there a way you can set the QNAP up so it will backup certain data I transfer onto it, onto my other computers backup HDD?

Damn, I wish I had that capability.

I'm sure the QNAP could do something like that (the backup options are pretty robust) but I wouldn't have any idea how.