What's new

4G-AC68U double nat issue - Can't access from outside

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bleasy

New Around Here
Hi everyone,

First I'd like to apologize for my english and if this topic had already been discussed. I couldn't find anything about the 4G-AC68U.
I have this router since 2 years, it works fine.
Here is my configuration :
1/ Using 4G slot only (double-wan disabled)
2/ 2,4ghz and 5ghz WiFi enabled
3/ DHCP enabled with 2 entries (plex server and domotic server)
And I think that's all I did.

I'd like to access to my network from outside :
Considering that I have a dynamic IP address from my 4G ISP, the DDNS is the only solution for me (not sure though, I'm a pure noob). I created an account on no-ip.org and connected my router to this account. It works fine, if I check on whatmysdns.net, the domain works and returns an IP.
The problem is, I have this message :
"The wireless router is using a private WAN IP address (192.168.x.x, 10.x.x.x, or 172.16.x.x), this router may be under a multi-layer NAT network."
Indeed, the IP on whatsmydns.net is something in 10.x.x.x.x .
I made some research, but I couldn't find a solution. All I read about multi-layer NAT network is about bridge mode supposing you have an external modem.

Also, on my domotic server which runs on Linux, I have a cron updating the public IP of my domain on duckdns.org, it works (checked on whatsmydns), but I can't reach nothing using this, the router doesn't seem to even see me when I ping the domain.

Can someone help me ? Let me know if you need any details about my conf.
And again sorry for my english :)

Edit : After some research, I finally found the answer, the problem doesn't come from the router but from the ISP. The NAT is on their structure due to a lack of IP and there is nothing I can do except waiting for IPv6 to get my own IP. I left my post if it can helps someone in the same situation.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!