What's new

5-port Gig Switch tested with NetIQ Chariot Throughtput Benchmarks

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Heard back Netgear Online Support they'll setup replacement on both switches that are failing on me with the most current one v3 for free. I rather get them to work 2 out of 6 netgear to work. I am a good customer.

After careful consideration I've decided it was best to ditch the two Netgear replacements at cost of $30+ and got another major brand 8-port metal case with heat sink switch instead. It's on it's way.. New one GS605 v3 doesn't have heat sink so heat will still be and issue.

I am rebuilding my network and getting rid of rouge switches on my network. Two 8-ports 1# 100mbps and 2# 1000mpbs. Now the road I'll switch to 16-port. Right now I have to divide network for best performance.

Right now as I wait for the new order to come in I've connected one gig system as a power user directly to the router gig port by-passing the defective GS605 that can't seem to handle 5 notes at the same time. Doing so the temp had dropped from 131F to 126F still high but not downgrade in port speed.

The End

Finally got my order this afternoon! Took long enough to get here even with 2-day shipping.. Now everything is where it should be. Heat problem is gone, downgraded port speed gone.

The specs on this newer one has heavy metal case (heat sink inside) 144KB data buffer memory, 8K mac address, green ports and full duplex speed of 2000mbps. Better warranty also. Almost finish with re-wiring the house to a 16-port well 8-port 100mbps and new one is 8-port 1000mbps even though the box said 2000mbps it's copper heavy metal casing. Ran some heavy packet testing the new switch is cool to the touch.

That end this adventure for now... :D

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!