What's new

509 Pro with load balancing slow?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dastrix

New Around Here
Hi Guys,

I have a Asus P5B Deluxe dual Gigabit motherboard which is trunked to a HP Pro Curve 1800-8G Switch, out of that is another 2GB trunk to the QNAP 509.

When copying movies of around 700MB, I only get 65MB/Sec. This unit has the upgraded ram, so I'm meant to be seeing 90/MB +

Any ideas?

Thanks

Question ... what do you mean by 'upgraded memory' ... in excess of the 1GB from factory? (sorry just found these forums by following YeOldStoneCat over from [H]F).

I have noticed that on my setup that if you only have on host hammering on the Qnap that it load balances a bit differently than you might expect. When I watch the etherchannel, it splits the incoming and outgoing traffic from a single host; using one port for incoming and one port for outgoing.

Even still, you should be able to theoretically get up to 100'ish MB/s, but I have not seen any performance benchmarks that show the 509 pro much above 65MB/s. I would be interested in any information that you have about getting 90MB/s .... that is in the ballpark of the transfer rate that I see at work with a $30k enterprise SAN.