What's new

5Ghz Up & Down - SSIDer Graph

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BJ1200

Occasional Visitor
Hi All,

I went outside with my laptop, sat on the patio and tested every channel using inSSIDer to find the best channels and frequency for 2Ghz and 5Ghz. They use two different names and passwords keys. My 5Ghz blue LED never came on so I exchanged the unit, set up the new AC66U to the identical config.

Using my laptop, the 5GHZ (green line) signal strength goes up and down for seemingly no reason. Any idea why it would do this? I was not processing any data, no browsing, nothing. 2Ghz is stable, the light blue line. Should I retest this exchange unit...go back through every channel/frequencies to find the best ones again?

5Ghz setting: Channel 48, 40MHz (80 mW)
2Ghz setting: Channel 7l, 40MHz (125 mW)

fiveghz.jpg

% GHz up & down also !

Am having similar problems with the 5 GHz. Wondering if it is due to weather or MIMO Radar antenna searching.

Was hoping for a way to be able to "shut down" MIMO Radar(searching), since I am using my RT-AC66U for a long distance point-to-point, outside at the focus of a satellite dish ! So, I do not need any wandering MIMO & Air Radar fancy footwork. Just Do want to have the power adjustments, etc...

Merlin... An on/off "button" in the firmware please ? (!!)....

thank you
Long Dx

Am having similar problems with the 5 GHz. Wondering if it is due to weather or MIMO Radar antenna searching.

Was hoping for a way to be able to "shut down" MIMO Radar(searching), since I am using my RT-AC66U for a long distance point-to-point, outside at the focus of a satellite dish ! So, I do not need any wandering MIMO & Air Radar fancy footwork. Just Do want to have the power adjustments, etc...

Merlin... An on/off "button" in the firmware please ? (!!)....

thank you
Long Dx

No idea if AiRadar can be disabled or not, or how to do it. The driver is closed source, and there is next to no documentation for the wl control utility.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!