What's new

5GHz Wifi drops and set to open system

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

peng

New Around Here
I have AX56U with latest merlin firmware 386.4. The 5Ghz connection was dropped and it was being set to Open System (WPA2 before). Checked the log and I do see few lines of "Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3)" Not sure if this is relevant but it is very weird to have 5Ghz authentication method set to Open System. 2.4Ghz works fine.

Does anyone experiences with the same issue? (Note that I do use DFS channels)

I have the same router and experienced the same drop to Open System after the reboot once (but on 2.4GHz). And there was nothing relevant in the log, no errors etc. BTW, do you have any ax clients? This drop occurred immediately after I got a USB WiFi 6 adapter, but maybe this is just a coincidence.

I have the same router and experienced the same drop to Open System after the reboot once (but on 2.4GHz). And there was nothing relevant in the log, no errors etc. BTW, do you have any ax clients? This drop occurred immediately after I got a USB WiFi 6 adapter, but maybe this is just a coincidence.
Most of my devices are ax clients and seems the issue happened after regular reboot during night time ( I realised it when I woke up).

So we now have at least two cases that occurred on both bands after reboot, and in one case this happened after an AX client was introduced to the network (I have this router for about a year and never had this issue before, but I also had no Wifi 6 clients).

So we now have at least two cases that occurred on both bands after reboot, and in one case this happened after an AX client was introduced to the network (I have this router for about a year and never had this issue before, but I also had no Wifi 6 clients).
Yes this is my first time having this issue as well, however I do use ax devices all the time, but only on 5Ghz. It's highly possible we have the same issue but on different bands.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!