What's new

5ghz2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rylo

New Around Here
I’m new to Asus routers along with Merlin firmware I’m coming from nighthawks (don’t laugh) I got a ax11000 pro with 2 5ghz channels, connecting my ps5 wired it seems to be using the lower channels on 5ghz 1. My question is, is there an option or way that I can make it use the higher channels that I have configured on 5ghz 2?

connecting my ps5 wired it seems to be using the lower channels on 5ghz 1.
If your PS5 is using a wired connection then it won't be using Wi-Fi.

My question is, is there an option or way that I can make it use the higher channels that I have configured on 5ghz 2?
Give each 5GHz radio a different SSID so that your clients can choose which one they want to connect to.

If your PS5 is using a wired connection then it won't be using Wi-Fi.

Give each 5GHz radio a different SSID so that your clients can choose which one they want to connect to.
And just a quick question for wan dns I have it set to automatic as with a benchmark my isps dns is the fastest but in LAN the dns is blank and I don’t really feel like my devices are using the proper dns should I be putting my isp dns in the LAN dns?

And just a quick question for wan dns I have it set to automatic as with a benchmark my isps dns is the fastest but in LAN the dns is blank and I don’t really feel like my devices are using the proper dns should I be putting my isp dns in the LAN dns?
No, leave the LAN DNS servers blank for optimal performance. Bear in mind that some devices (e.g. Android) or browsers*** (e.g. Firefox) may ignore your local DNS settings and go directly to their own preferred DNS server. That shouldn't be the case for the PS5 though.

*** Set "Prevent client auto DoH" to Yes on the WAN - Internet Connection page to try and prevent this.

No, leave the LAN DNS servers blank for optimal performance. Bear in mind that some devices (e.g. Android) or browsers*** (e.g. Firefox) may ignore your local DNS settings and go directly to their own preferred DNS server. That shouldn't be the case for the PS5 though.

*** Set "Prevent client auto DoH" to Yes on the WAN - Internet Connection page to try and prevent this.
Appreciate all the help seriously there’s a ton more settings then what I’m use to so I’m learning more and more daily, for the ps5 dns I’d leave that automatic so it’s my routers ip or should I change it to manual and put the ones I’m using in?

for the ps5 dns I’d leave that automatic so it’s my routers ip or should I change it to manual and put the ones I’m using in?
Leave it on automatic so that it picks up your router's IP address. DNS queries are cached on the router so that they reply faster than if the client had to go out to an internet server.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!