What's new

6E Mesh across a GT-AXE16000 and Zen Wifi Pro ET12

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tcv21

New Around Here
Hi all,
Looking for a bit of advice and/or guidance. I have a brand new AXE16000 and Pro ET12. The ET12 will be the MESH node and will be utilizing Ethernet back-haul. Both devices are 6E capable and I do have devices in my home that are 6E compatible. The 16000 is quad band and the ET12 is only tri band. Is there a quick and easy way that I can get 6E to be available across both devices in a mesh configuration even though the node is only tri band capable?

Hi all,
Looking for a bit of advice and/or guidance. I have a brand new AXE16000 and Pro ET12. The ET12 will be the MESH node and will be utilizing Ethernet back-haul. Both devices are 6E capable and I do have devices in my home that are 6E compatible. The 16000 is quad band and the ET12 is only tri band. Is there a quick and easy way that I can get 6E to be available across both devices in a mesh configuration even though the node is only tri band capable?
If you mesh them the 6e should be available as the ET12 is 2.4, 5 and 6. I have the same set up and when I look at the ET12 node I can see the 6e band. However, I have separated 6e SSID from 2.4, 5.1 and 5.2 which have the same wifi SSID name. I am testing the ET12s out and not sure if I am going to keep them.

So.. you are using the smart connect feature or just assigning the same SSID to 2.4, 5.1 and 5.2?

Yes, I am just using the smart connect for the 2.4, 5.1 and 5.2. I have not tried putting 2.4, 5.1, 5.2 and 6 together as I wanted to know my laptops and cell phones would be the 6E band.

Yes, I am just using the smart connect for the 2.4, 5.1 and 5.2. I have not tried putting 2.4, 5.1, 5.2 and 6 together as I wanted to know my laptops and cell phones would be the 6E band.
Thanks. I am going to play around with it a bit. I think I am going to use smart connect for on the 5.1 and 5.2 bands. That way I should have 3 distinct SSID's 1 for the 2.4, 1 for the 5 range and 1 for the 6e. I will hope for the best! Thanks so much!

I have the 2.4 and 5 together as I have several wifi cameras that can use either band so I need the same SSID with the same password so they can automatically switch bands.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online